- 20 girls and boys 9 to 13 years old
- No prior knowledge, no prerequisites needed
- No consideration of specific origin or milieu
The first workshop will focus on the topic of bags. Bags can be created in various ways enriched and made “intelligent” with sensors, actuators and the Arduino Boards. Possible ideas can be for instance security sports bags, glowing hand bags, or games fixed to the bags.
Children develop imaginations and fantasies surrounding the topic and conceive project ideas which are implemented subsequently with the help of the tutors. In the end the results are presented. The workshop process will be divided into stages at different stations as follows:
2. Technology (Hardware/Software) + Material
4. Conception + Construction
Date: 5 days from 01.04.07 – 05.04.07 (Easter holidays)
Place: Youth Hostel Bremen (including overnight stays and program for the evenings)
Carers and staff: 4 Tutors + 2 responsible carers for the nights + EduWear partners Boras and Bremen
- Foster personal development of children
- Foster abilities in solidarity
- Mediate participation with designing the world
- Offer access to Digital Media and its algorithms by making them tangible, open and mouldable
Experiencing the deployment of Arduino Microcontrollers
- How will children cope with the Arduino Technology?
- What problems will they face in implementing while using new technology?
- Will children stick to their ideas or will they built variant artefacts instead?
Experiencing the deployment of the graphical programming environment Arduino Blocks
- Will children cope with the interface?
- What strategies will they develop while using the interface?
Insights for the further development of the Arduino-technology toward a Smart Textile Kit